Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For That Pretty Little Head of Yours

So Maren bought some hat patterns during the BIG pattern sale at Joann and I have not been able to stop thinking about them. I love hats. I don't wear them often because I don't feel like I can pull them off and I get all self-conscience but I really do love them. I also wish that I could have lived in the 20's because I love style of that era, especially the hats. You know the kind that look like this:

I have two hats similar to this one that are sitting very nicely in my closet that I love owning but fear wearing. One is from Anthropology that I probably won't ever get rid of because that hat alone increases the value of my wardrobe significantly. And the other was $1 at The Gap a few years ago. It is too big for my head but it was a dollar and I just loved it too much to not have it. I think I have an illness.
Anyways, there is a great tutorial for that cute hat pictured above over at The Weekend Designer that I am very tempted to try out. I found this tutorial months ago but it was before I knew anything about interfacing and the thought of using interfacing scared me off but now I think I could do it. Would it turn out as darling as hers, probably not but it is worth a try right? You should check out The Weekend Designer's other tutorials, she has a lot of really great and free patterns such as this bag:

What a great looking bag! This one looks pretty intimidating with all that hardware and leather but really, how great would that bag be? Someday right?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

If anyone could do it (the hat or the bag), it's you! Can't wait to see what you create!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons