Thursday, June 17, 2010

A-line skirt

I've been designing this little skirt in my head since I received the fabric in the mail. I got the fabric at a great price and couldn't resist getting it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it when I saw it in person! I used the Barcelona skirt pattern from Amy Butler. I think this is my most favorite pattern of all time! A zipper is involved, but like Jill said, the instructions made it so easy to put in. You can really use your imagination and creativity to make different styles of skirt. And the a-line is so flattering. I love it.


The skirt has a lining, so I sewed a chiffon ruffle to the lining to give it a little personality. I made some bias tape (using this tutorial) and trimmed the main skirt in it and then added a little bow.

I'm entering this skirt into Crafterhours skirt week!

8 comments:

Two Little Birds said...

Very cute! I love it!!

Vanessa said...

This skirt is so cute!

Mindy said...

Adorable skirt, you did a great job!

Jessie Lewis said...

Sooo cute. I love the girly details.

Rachel said...

The detail is amazing!

Jill Manning said...

Christie, I love this skirt. The ruffle at the bottom with the polka dot bias tape and that bow, oh my gosh that bow...its just too adorable! Thank you for being so talented and letting the rest of us live vicariously through your talents.

Abigail said...

Christie you know I don't comment all that often, but I had to. This apron is so should I say beautiful and dang!!!!cute all at once. You did such a good job.

Marygail said...

I love it! The polka dot tape and bow made it so girly...awesome job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons