Monday, November 29, 2010

Spool Garland - how festive is your tree?


 
I found this the other day at Joann's - it's like their holiday mascot. He is so cute and at 60% off it feels almost criminal to leave him there. So in the spirit of sewing and holidays...


I saw this spool garland at Nutmeg Designs. How cute is that? It marries two of my favorite things holidays & sewing. Actually my kids have individual trees in each of their rooms and I was thinking how much fun this garland would be to make with my 8 year old. Her tree is pink - so really these colors are perfect.

It looks so easy - I just have to figure out where to get the wooden spools now.

1 comment:

Jill Manning said...

That garland is really really cute!! It will perfect on Paige's tree. You can get the spools at Joanns or Michaels. I found a big bag of old wooden spools at a local antique store (I'm an antiquer now) and I have yet to find a perfect project for them. This would be fun to do for sure! Oh the color possibilities!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons