Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1977 Nightgown

My goal was to make this nightgown for Maddie for her Christmas Eve jammies, but things just didn't work out. I did finish my little sister's nightgown in time for Christmas, so I'm not a complete slacker.

Nikki let me borrow a couple of her grandma's old patterns; it was exactly what I was looking for. One pattern had a piece missing, and the other I just couldn't follow and ended up with an extra piece. So, I obviously did a little "Jessie" adjustments.

I also accomplished my very first button holes on this project! I couldn't seem to figure out exactly where my machine was going to line up the beginning and end of the holes (even with 3 or 4 practice scraps), so there was a bit of unpicking going on, but what project is complete without having to pick out, right?

Despite the mistakes and largeness of the nightgown, Maddie loves it! She requested to wear it as soon as I gave it to her. Here she is modeling her new jam jams.




3 comments:

Sally said...

Love it. Reminds me of something I used to have around that time! Little girls look lovely in long nighties!

Maren said...

Jessie - you are so awesome. It's good that it's big. The first nightgown I made for Paige was really big 3 years ago and she still wears it. I know I need to make her a new one. Thats the plan. Anyway, good job it's always cool to see what you create. Good luck with the quilt. Looked like you were ready to start cussing on Tues.

Christie said...

I love it! It looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons