Sunday, January 23, 2011

... a message on a pillow

I'm finally getting the baby/sewing room put together. She's still in our room for a couple more months, but I want to sew and the baby/sewing room is a disasster (that is not a type-o, it's where the pain originates)... back to my ramblings, so I'm ready to make a tutorial by I am Momma hear me Roar of baby hand and foot prints, but when I went over to her blog to retrieve directions - I came actross this adorable pillow. How cute is that pillow? I am really against sewing anything by hand - there is a reason sewing machines were invented (plus I am so uncoordinated and suck at it, so maybe that adds to my loathing).


But this pillow reminded me of talented ladies I know (Jessie & Marj) that make sewing by hand look like it's so stinkn' easy and what's wrong with me that I can't just do it? (p.s. they are super-moms, actually spending quality time with their kids, can you imagine?)

(picture from Flamingo Toes)
I am Momma Hear Me Roar was inspired by this tutorial by Flamingo Toes. While at Flamingo Toes I clicked on her Tutorials tab, and she has a TON of cool tutorials - not the ones that everybody does with baby stuff, but cool fun practical things, and jewelry (who does that?). The best part is that her tutorials are LOADED with pictures. They are idiot-crafter-had-to-much-diet-coke-today proof. I can actually follow the pictures and read the directions YAHOO!

4 comments:

Carol T said...

Those are super cute. My husband loves chocolate so he could make me that pillow.

Jenn said...

LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

Thanks so much for linking to my little love note!! And what a sweet shout out. How fun!!

Jessie Lewis said...

Okay, I LOVE this. Mostly because when Casey and I were dating, he wrote me a letter once with a p.s. that read "I love you more than a fat kid loves cake." This totally reminds me of that. I think I need to make one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons