Monday, January 31, 2011

scraps that delight

This apron came about because Nikki (Queen of the crafters) doesn't have a work apron - she has a frilly pretty apron that you can't technically do anything in (ie. painting, gluing, getting messy) - so I took it on myself to make sure she had something she could muck up (and I could bask in her creative coolness)

This is what I came up with for her (one of my fav patterns for practicality), and the fabric you ask? 
I think one of my favorite anniversary parties we had for the SSC - was when we did our scrap swap. You guys thought you were ridding yourself of useless scraps ... while I was gathering them with open arms. I loved that scrap swap and have used them over and over. The front piece I got from Christie. I love the mismatchyness of it, and the grey bias tape doesn't match at all but ties it all together.

Craft on Nikki - as your minions (me) watch in awe. Yaaaaaaa-hooooooo!!!!
Here is a link to the pattern: Calico Cat Patterns or here

5 comments:

Jill Manning said...

That apron pattern is one of my all time favs too and this one turned out adorable! I love the miss-matchiness of it. And I 100% agree that the scrap swap was the best anniversary idea yet! I used the scraps I got all the time. I couldn't believe how far they have gone.

Mandy McDonald said...

Where can I get that pattern? Super cute!

Matt & Kristin said...

Yeah, what pattern is this?

Nikki said...

I love you Maren. Thank thank you for the apron, I wear it everyday. All you girls are so crafty,I look up to you guys and envy your craftiness.

John_n_Tascha_Piatt said...

Yes, please. what pattern is this? i love it! i think the mis-matchiness makes it even better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons