Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Genius!


Check out this thread organizer from The Creative Homemakers! Isn't it beautiful?! I really want to make one of these. I have this thread rack that I got from a Black Friday sale at Joann's one year. It's nice and does the job well enough, but when the kids get curious about all the colors they find a way pull it down and all the thread goes flying around my room. This is wonderful because, not only does it organize the thread (out of reach of little hands), it allows you to store the bobbin with the thread of the same color. I love that idea! I keep my bobbins in the little tray in on my sewing machine, but that is getting pretty full and the strings get all tangled. It's a mess. This is a fantastic idea!

4 comments:

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition said...

if you're looking to make a thread rack, I've done it - easy!

http://craftedition.blogspot.com/2010/05/thread-rack-tutorial.html

Jennie said...

That's funny that your first comment mentioned her site, because I was just about to. And I'm sure you could put the bobbin on top of the wooden spool on top of the thread spool.

I'm planning on making one when the weather gets warmer and I can spray paint!

Carol T said...

What a cool thread holder.

Maren said...

Maybe that should be our next SSC group craft night. I like this one better then the peg board, but could you make it a combo of both.

My only fear is the kids would slam a door and my spools would come tumbling down. What if you put in nails for the spools to sit on as well to make it a little bit sturdier - also couldn't you see it trimmed out with cute molding around the edges? Let's seriously think about this one - where's Nikki and her supa craft brain?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons