Friday, April 8, 2011

The Hanging Bookshelf


Elsie has gathered quite the book collection and since we try to hit up the library once a week, there is never a shortage of books to read. The only problem is that we didn't have a bookcase or any shelving to keep on the books on so they were nicely strewn all over her room. I tried to put them in piles but Elsie just can't stand having that kind of order and organization. But a few months ago I came across This Tutorial from Penny Carnival, I knew I had my solution. And the fact that I haven't been able to stop thinking about this project that whole time was a really good sign that I needed to do it.

I found this blue fabric at Wal-Mart, it was $5 for the whole bolt! It's not really good for clothing because it is extremely itchy and stiff but it will be great for different projects for her room. I have decided to go with pink and royal or navy blue for her room colors...I'm really excited about this!
Anyways, if anyone else is struggling for a cheap solution for your children books, I recommend this one. I have actually finished another one, I just need to get the hardware and get Ty to hang it for me. :)

5 comments:

Beka said...

LUV this!!! I might even attempt it:)

Ju said...

Ooo I love this. I should do this. We have lots of book shelves, but kids can't stack them the way Mommy likes them :o) This is a great Idea!!

Nikki said...

I so want to do this. Love it..thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

I saw a similar tutorial in the family fun magazine a few months ago. Yours is darling!

Christie said...

Jill, you're a genius! So well done, and so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons