Thursday, April 14, 2011

repurposed shirt


I hate it when I forget to take before pictures, but this former shirt looked a lot like the Anne apron pictured above. IMagine it as a shirt, so probably 4 inches shorter, but everything else pretty much the same. Anyway Christie gave me a shirt she made that looked like the apron pictured above. She didn't like it because she said it made her look like she was wearing a tent. She gave it to me since I was really prego and loathed all my clothes, but it never really fit me right and I felt like I was wearing a tent. I always thought I could do something with it and that fabric was just to cute to throw away... so I did something with it.

This is what I did with it. It was supa easy. Just unpicked the straps, sliced them and diced them, and turned it into a band around the bottom. Isn't the fabric delightful?

This is my darling niece. I made a button hole in the top band and threaded a gross-grain ribbon through it. I think it turned out great. Most importantly she LOVES it!

1 comment:

Christie said...

I'm soooo glad that fabric went to good use. I think that was one of my first Zoey's fabric purchases. It looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons