Sunday, June 12, 2011

Myla's birthday stuff

Little Miss Sassy Pants had a birthday and I was probably just as excited as she was about it. We had a cowgirl themed birthday party, but what I was most excited about was her new room. We painted it lavender and then I got started on the pillows and other room decor. There is so much to do, but I'm excited with the progress we've made so far. These aren't the greatest pics, but whatever. :)
For her wall I framed some fabric that I used for the pillows (Aviary 2 by Joel Dewberry - my fave fabric right now). Then I hotglued some wood letters onto the fabric and hung them up! Easy peasy! I think I'm going to repaint the frames though. The bed is black so I think that's what I'm going to paint them.
Then I made the pillows. I searched around for some inspiration, so I can't tell you exactly which tutorials I used. I bought pillows from Ikea (a lot cheaper than Joann's) and made covers for them.

This pillow I did use a tutorial from Flamingo Toes.
I got the quilt at Marshall's. I figured it would be cheaper and less of a headache. I'm not a quilter...not yet anyway. Maybe that bug will hit me. Maybe not. :)
For her birthday party I made this Popover Sundress by Oliver + S. It's a free pattern and it's sooo easy and sooo cute and you sooo have to make it. It fits so well and it really was so easy. To simplify it even more I used ready made bias tape for the ties.

1 comment:

Jessie Lewis said...

I should have woken Myla so I could check out her new room. It looks so cute! Any pics of the horses you made?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons