Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Craft-O-Mania

Hey, so I took advice last night and decided to finally share what I've been working on. It has been a busy crafty month for me. Sadly, not too many sewing projects, but lots of other stuff to keep me busy. Sorry if this is overload.

Shower crafts: Owl nuts - I made these using nuts in their shells, felt and tacky glue. Not too hard other than trying to cut little tiny pieces. This is for a shower that I am throwing at the end of the month. The mommy to be is decorating with owls, so I will put these on her diaper cake.
Shower Craft: Who knows how many showers I will be included in over the years so I made this versatile sign. It is made with felt and hot glue. The triangles are attached with bias tape. One side is pink and white for a girl; the other side is green and blue for a boy.


Flower Bracelet - I used scrap fabric strips and hot glued them into flowers. The cut out a circle of matching fabric to glue on the back of the flowers. Then attach all the flowers together on a ribbon and I used a bead and elastic loop at the clasp.

Candy Gum Bowl - This was a bit tricky to find pieces that fit together. The lid is a little small and just sits on top. Oh well! It is a Terra cot ta pot painted black with acrylics then modge podge on top to prevent paint chipping. The knob on top is a wooden "doll head" painted. The bowl is a rose bud bowl. All pieces are glued together with I think EZ600 or something like that (glue for wood, glass, ect...)

Boo Sign - Letters came from Joanns, painted black. Then Halloween scrapbook paper modge podged on it.
Birthday Sign - I want to make birthdays a little more special so I found this board craft. On a persons birthday they get to pick what to eat from breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then at the bottom pick a few activities they want to do on "their" day. It was a partical board shelf found in the "dump." I modge podged scrapbook paper on the laminated surface. Hot glued the felt backing and ruffle. I used letter stickers for the wording which was then modge podged on. The Ric-rack is hot glued on and tiny clothes pins hold the paper. There is a pocket on the back side for the extra paper slips.
Temple Dress - This was a beast, but good for me. It's been a long time since I have made a dress. I did get some help from my mother (because she is an amazing seamstress!). She put the zipper in for me because she was teaching me how to do it on stretch material. I did learn a few tricks about how to sew with knits. This was a knit/poly blen, but still a little stretchy. The key to not having rumples in the seams it to actually sew on a very small zig-zag for everything. A straight stitch will look lumpy every time, but the zig-zag doesn't show. Fabulous! There were a ton of pleats that were challenging, but overall not to bad. And it doesn't wrinkle so badly in my bag. Yipee!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons