Sunday, September 11, 2011

Little girl headband - DIY tutorial

This is what we are making today - an easy peasy reversible head band for little girls. This darling hair model is actually related to me (we're pretty sure they didn't switch babies with the supermodel down the hall at the hospital - although sometimes we wonder at this little devil diva)


So I know you'll read this tutorial and think I'm a nit-wit and frankly you wouldn't be too far off the mark, but for those of you out there like me (please tell me I'm not alone in the nit-wit club) here is a photo intensive and extremely easy tutorial that you can't help but scoff at my nit-wittiness. Either way I hope you like it and it inspires you to make something even better.

1. Cut two rectangles 23' x 2 1/4' - (seam allowance 1/4 inch)

2. Right sides together, pin, and sew on 3 sides.

3. I also serged my edges (but you don't have to) or you could zig zag stitch them.

4. Turn it right sides out and press.

5. Top stitch at 1/8th or 1/4th along the edges.

6. Turn in edges on the open end, and close with a top stitch.

7. Add velcro (this is my one stroke of genius, I have a huge noggin and most headbands squeeze all rational thoughts from my brain - this 1 1/2 inch strip of velcro saves this large headed pumpkin girl many a headache) Also makes it easy to rip off when your little diva is throwing a hair tantrum (I know mine is probably the only one that does that)


That's it. Didn't I say it was easy? Didn't I say you'd get done and agree that I'm a simple minded nincompoop? But it will totally add to your cuties outfit and give them that finished look. If you need a tutorial on the rosettes just go HERE. I put a pin on the back so I could remove the flower easily and flip the head band if needs be. Also the skirt I made for our upcoming boutique (Nov 18th & 19th) but you can make your own HERE for FREE.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons