Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My projects of late

 pretty girl - pretty apron. 
I made this apron for a sweet girl who got married a few weeks back. I love the black and yellow. Its the Cindy Taylor Oates More Retro apron pattern.

 Target had these crates on clearence for $2.48. Who can pass up that deal especially when the majority of your toys are in diaper boxes. Time for an upgrade, and when I saw this tutorial on Makeit-Loveit and I had to make liners for all my baskets.

I used scrap, an old table cloth, and left over Home Decor weight fabric because I knew my kids would be rough and tough on them. I think I made 9 liners in all. But I got baskets for all my sewing stuff and toys.

Don't they look better then diaper boxes? Much more colorful and fun. Instead of putting a draw string in I didn't hem up the edges. I left them serged and added elastic on 2 ends.

After getting a new couch 6 months ago, I decided the stock pillows that came with it just weren't cutting it. I didn't like anything about them.  

Joann's was clearing out some of its special order fabric swatches for $1 a panel (you know they hang it on little hangers). It was the perfect size to make a pillows out of.

I love how they turned out. I made them in orange an teal.

....speaking of pillows here were some that I made last year that were on my chairs outside. You can tell our AZ sun had done a job

This outdoor canvas was in the clearance scrap section at Joann's. It was the perfect colors in gray, yellow, and orange.

 I reused the stuffing and black ties that were now sort of grayish, but in good condition. I backed them in a yellow outdoor fabric. It was a steal for $2 and I'm happy it won't be fading in a year and in need of replacement.

Lastly I'm working on a quilt. I've never been brave enough for quilts, but we'll see how it goes. This isn't a full size quilt, but its not a baby quilt. Its a 'sit in front of the TV quilt' - I'm as little nervous but my little sister makes them look so easy so I'll give it a try. I'm making it for the boutique in November. I'll post it when I finish it. I've also made 6 little girl skirts and just started on these huge awesome Christmas stockings. I'm so excited for the Boutique.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons