Monday, April 9, 2012

Finally a Finished Project!

I started this skirt for Myla forever ago, with the intent of being really on-the-ball and getting her Easter outfit done early so I didn't stress out. Yeah, didn't happen. However, I am really happy with the way it turned out. I loved the pattern, which was so easy to follow. It had lots of pictures, so I didn't have to guess or fake my way through it. It's the Vivienne skirt from Violette Field Threads. I loved the skirt so much that I got the Molly jacket pattern to go with it, also from Violette Field Threads. I was very intimidated to try a jacket, but once again it was so easy! I am pattern illiterate, but these were great.

I'm glad I got pictures of it before Gavin, my three year old, decided to write on Myla's jacket with a red marker. Seriously. It's just about 2 inches long, but I was so upset that I just may have taken his Easter candy away. After church we had a talk and I gave it back, but his markers definitely went into the garbage. Anyone have any tips on how to get marker out? :)

6 comments:

Jill Manning said...

I LOVE this whole outfit, Christie!!! You did such a great job with it and I love all the fabric combinations!!! When life settles down and I can get back to sewing, I have been itching to sew something for weeks, I am going to make this same outfit for Elsie. I hope I can do as good of a job picking out fabric as you did! And I love Myla's hair, so cute!

Bev Cooks Bakes and More said...

Good job, I don't know if I will ever have the urge to try a jacket. That is so not cool having marker on it. I have been having good luck with Oxy-Clean, never tried with marker though, some people soak the clothing in oxy-clean for a couple days if they have to. Buy the powdered version mix with water then add clothing and let soak for a couple days. Might be worth a try. Hope it works for you.

Maren said...

That makes me sad. Can you strategically sew a flower over the marker? I've never heard about getting marker out. I love the skirt. It's so cute!

Marjie said...

Ada got red marker on a white onsie at Christmas. I have this green stuff my MIL gave me that we used and then you use baking soda and scrub it in with a toothbrush. It came out! And it was red permanent marker. Come get the stuff any time!

Beka said...

DARLING skirt Christie!!! so adorable!!! so sorry about the marker:(

Haws Diaries said...

Christie!!! This is the CUTEST outfit, I'm so proud of you, awesome job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons