Thursday, May 10, 2012

For the love of cupcakes

I have a new project that I am pretty excited about. It's still very much a work-in-progress, but I am pleased with the way things are going so far. I've decided to start my little cupcake bake shop. It's a home based bakery for now (I don't want to get ahead of myself, but let's just say I have my theoretical brick-and-mortar bakery already designed in my head). Arizona recently passed the Home Baked and Confectionary Goods law that makes it legal to sell home-baked items.  As soon as I heard this, the wheels in my head started spinning. And, with the support of several wonderful people in my life, I am taking the plunge. The Sweet Frost Bake Shop is open (a website is currently under construction).

Although I still have a lot to do to get the bake shop off and running, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to create something special for Mother's Day. Cupcake + Roses = Perfect Mother's Day gift! I love the thought of getting a bouquet of sweet rose cupcakes. So I offered this as an introductory special. I've been so touched by the support of my friends and family. And even strangers.



My husband is an RN so I made these National Nurse Week cupcakes for him to take into the office. His co-workers are so good to him and our family. They will periodically send little gifts home for the kids or invite us to lunch. I just wanted to send a little sweetness back. I love that butterscotch bandage. I found this cute bandage chocolate mold at ABC Cakes in Phoenix and knew they would be perfect for Kevin's office.  And I love the free nurses week cupcake toppers from TomKat Studio


I know I have so much to learn and so much to do! It's scary and uncertain. But it's also a wonderful feeling to be moving forward, doing something I love.

4 comments:

Linda Ruthie said...

It's nice to see that Arizona is encouraging home businesses. I think it's a very important step to help economic recovery. I hope more states will do the same.
Good luck to you with your new adventure!

Debbie M said...

they look yummy. the offer link did not work for me :( i'd love to try them! we have a small cupcake shop in my town that is open a couple days a week--i treat myself sometimes--good luck

Maren said...

We LOVED our cupcakes!! They were the hit of dinner. My mother in law was tickled that we gave her a dozen of the yummiest roses ever (and Jason was relieved he didn't have to make dessert). I'm so glad I live close by your lil' bakery and already have plans for my next few orders. Thank you for sharing your talent with us and Jason said to let him know when you get a lemon cupcake (little does he know)...

p.s. if you ever need an honest opinionated friend (oh wait) .. I meant opinion. You know I'd love to try anything you bake. It will be worth any amount of jogging/biking etc. My new blog will be called 'working out for Christies cupcakes!'

Abby Runyan said...

What a great idea. So fun to look through your blog. Miss living by such fun people!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons