Tuesday, August 7, 2012

lunch problem? solved!

My kids head back to school tomorrow... I'm a little sad that summer is over (no more sleeping in for my lazy arse) but I'm excited for them and I need to get back to a routine. So, my biggest dilemma with school is packing lunches. Half the time the veggies rot before we use them or I forget everything we buy or just plain lack of imagination when I'm stumbling around my kitchen half awake in the morning.

So here is my solution to 'bleary eyed brain dead me' in the morning - Today when I got home from school lunch shopping, I created 4 lists of all the stuff we have on-hand and posted them on the fridge. This way my kids can pick what they want and we can mix it up so it doesn't get boring. It also reminds me of the healthy stuff I have as well as possible snacks for them after school when they come home starved half to death. It also might help them actually take the next step - making their own lunch ( I can dream right?), but we are making steps in the right direction.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I need to ask,,,what is a pbh??? All I can think of is ham! I'm pretty sure it's not ham.....

Maren said...

pbh - peanut butter & honey

Christie said...

This is a fantastic idea! Then the kids know exactly what they can put in their lunch box and don't end up with fruit snacks, brownies and juice box.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons