Thursday, September 6, 2012

A little lamp love


I have been eyeing the lampshade makeovers all over the blogosphere for awhile, but since we lived in a tiny place we had no room for a lamp.  Now we are in a bigger space with little furniture to fill it, so it's been fun finding and refinishing furniture and other household items. One of the items was this lamp. My aunt kindly gave them to me, but they weren't quite my style and I was a little discouraged. Until I remembered that I could make them fit my style! Sorry for these dark pictures, but I was excited and wanted to show you guys. :) I spray painted the base in a glossy white. I was worried about those grooves, but it turned out I had no need to worry. To redo the lamp shade I cut a 1 1/2 yard piece of fabric into 2 inch strips, sewed those strips together, serged the edges, ruffled the fabric and hot glued it onto the old shade. So, so easy.

I'm just finishing up repainting my boys' bunk beds right now and have an old kitchen corner cabinet/hutch that I'm anxious to get started on. I need to strip the paint off of it and start fresh. Kevin is in the middle of building us a new dinning room table that I'm so excited about. We are going off of this farmhouse table tutorial. Now we'll all be able to sit at the dinner table and not knock knees. :)

In the meantime, I'm so excited to see the throw pillows that a lot of us are working on! Don't forget to take pictures and email them in to me so I can post them. It'll be fun to celebrate our 5 year anniversary as the SSC!

1 comment:

Jessie Lewis said...

So cute Christie! How fun to decorate your nice big place!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons